Why you need a Mediterranean diet? Mediterranean diet is winning the best diet awards for many years. This diet is linked to low diseases and makes your heart healthy and better. The best part of this diet is not just related to your weight loss, but it’s a way of healthy diet plan which you can follow.
The best thing I loved about this diet is that I can do it for my entire life without knowing I am dieting. The food contains lots of seafood and veggies which are suitable for your health. If you found seafood cheap, then use it. Otherwise, you can use vegetables.
It can also reduce the risk of cancer and any other health problems. If you are looking for a perfect diet plan which can help you lose calories than Mediterranean diet recipes are best for you.
Why everyone loves this diet recipe? I am mean who doesn’t want to lose weight without starvation. Even if I had a choice, my first choice would be the Mediterranean diet. So if you think what is the secret of this diet? You will get the answer when you read my full post.
Mediterranean diet recipes help prevent depression
According to research led by University College London showed a habit of 36,000 people from different countries. How they eat food during the whole day. According to the study the things we eat are related to our mental problems as well like depression.
Eating junk food can cause inflammation which can stress our body. During the research, people were asked to take the Mediterranean diet. Those who follow this diet were considered to be less stress than those who eat simple food.
So you can feel less depressed if you follow a complete diet. The less you eat junk foods, the less you are stressed. What are cheap Mediterranean diet recipes? Below are my easy Mediterranean diet recipes for you to try.
Five easy Mediterranean diet recipes
So if you are looking for easy Mediterranean recipes, don’t worry I am going to make your week plan. Get ready to lose those extra pounds with me. These recipes are best for your breakfast as well as dinner.
Greek Farro Salad
We all love Greek salad whether to take it during lunch or breakfast it’s your choice. I prefer you should take it during breakfast. That’s why it’s my favorite lunch because it keeps me healthy throughout the day.
- One tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cups of pearled farro
- 1 ¼ cups of water
- ½ small onion
- ¾ cup of feta
- 1 chickpea
- 2 cups of spinach leaves
- First, put some olive oil in a saucepan. Remember the pan should be on medium flame. When the pan is hot add some farro. Cook them for at least 1 minute.
- Add some water and make your Farro soft that they are chewable.
- You can cook them for 35 minutes. After that add spinach and onions.
- After they are cook add peas, feta. Your Greek salad is ready.
- You can add salt, but I don’t prefer this because salt is not good for your health.
If you want to try different flavors than this recipe is best for you. It will add more flavor to you so that you can have a healthy meal. You can have it during breakfast as it’s not heavy.
- 2 cup of chopped Parsley
- ½ cup of diced tomato
- ¼ cup of red onion
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 sea salt
- 1 Tbsp of extra virgin.
- Add oil in the Pan. You can add 1 teaspoon of oil.
- Cook the parsley.
- After that make your parsley soft for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You can add some extra virgin for taste.
- Your salad is ready.
Potato Hash with eggs and Chickpeas
This is one of my favorite Mediterranean Breakfast Recipe. You can have it during your breakfast during your weekends. It’s a perfect combination of eggs, chickpeas with potato hash.
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 garlic potatoes
- Salt and pepper for taste
- 1 cup of chickpeas, 1 egg
- Lemon of taste
- Heat the pan. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Add small onion, 2 garlic potatoes.
- Mix them well until potatoes get cooked.
- Add chickpeas, 1 egg and 1 can of chickpeas
- After that adding lemon for taste
Cauliflower Pizza With grilled veggies
This is my simple Mediterranean diet dinner recipe which you can have during dinner. It is low in carbs and high in protein. So if you want to have dinner remember to have low carbs in it.
- 12 cups of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- Your choice veggies
- ½ teaspoon of olive oil
- Heat your oven over 400 degrees.
- In a large pan mix cauliflower and add some garlic.
- Divide the cauliflower into 4 balls after that heat the pan.
- Bake until its golden brown.
- You can add veggies on top of pizza pan or during the cauliflower mixture.
- Add salt and pepper to get a taste.
Slow cooker Grilled chicken
Slow cooker meals are good for your health. I personally like them because they are easy to make. You don’t have to stand while they are cooking throw things in cooker. Also, steam is very healthy for you. You can have them with any teas you want.
- 4 medium boneless chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 3 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 medium onion
- Take 4 medium grilled chicken in cooker.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add garlic to it.
- Put them in cooker until they are ready.
- Add 3 teaspoon of seasoning.
- Fry the onions and use them on top
All these recipes are healthy for you that you can have them during breakfast and even at dinner. People prefer to eat less heavy things during this time, but this diet works for you at any time.
Remember to avoid Unhealthiest Food while taking this diet. Also, develop a habit of running every day for perfect results. Before I end up this conversation what is your Mediterranean diet recipe to overcome depression? Share with me so we can have them on our list.